Hellenic Journal of STEM Education (HJSTEM) (http://www.hellenicstem.com/index.php/journal) is an International Journal and aims to increase knowledge and enhance understanding of ways in which STEM epistemology can improve education, through the publication of high-quality peer-review research. The Editorial team welcome research papers on the STEM pedagogy, which combine theory and practice.
1. The aim of the HJSTEM is to create a forum for open discussion of scientific research in the field of STEM education.
2. HJSTEM publishes original articles on the latest trends in STEM pedagogy occurring internationally in STEM curriculum including learning and teaching using the STEM epistemology, policy reforms in STEM education, training of teachers in STEM pedagogy, with the aim to enhance our knowledge of what is STEM content epistemology and what are the STEM practices in the classroom.
3. HJSTEM publishes original articles on the latest trends in STEM pedagogy occurring internationally in STEM curriculum including learning and teaching using the STEM epistemology, policy reforms in STEM education, training of teachers in STEM pedagogy, with the aim to enhance our knowledge of what is STEM content epistemology and what are the STEM practices in the classroom
The journal asks for research papers in the following sections:
- STEM Epistemologies comprising of empirical and theoretical research studies on the tran-disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary approaches/contributions.
- The relation of Computational Thinking and computing with the STEM content approach
- The physical computing and STEM
- The curriculum reforms in STEM Education
- Pedagogical strategies for STEM Education
- The connection of Computational Science with the STEM content epistemology
- The inclusion of Arts in STEM
- The inclusion of Serious games in STEM
- The unplugged STEM
- The inclusion of psychological and social aspects in STEM
- The inclusion of ideological and cultural issues in STEM
- The investigation of the relation of popular science with STEM
Keywords: STEM education, STEM Epistemology, Computing, Computational Science, Computational Thinking, Arts
Speed of publication: Journal provides a fast publication timetable following a clear peer-review process. Accepted articles will be publishes on line with free access.
Readership: Educators , researchers in STEM pedagogy, Departments of Education, undergraduate and postgraduate students and supervisors
Hellenic Journal of STEM Education is published online in English by a collaboration between iSER (The International Society of Educational Research) and E3STEM (Hellenic Education Society for S.T.E.M.). Hellenic J STEM Ed aims to become a major outlet for scientific work in the field of STEM education. All manuscripts are published open access and are subject to CC 4.0. Authors retain the copyright for their articles. Issues are published twice a year which make a volume for the journal. We are implementing a strict double blind review process in which authors and reviewers do not identify the other side. Please visit Author Guidelines to view the review criteria that form the basis of reviewer evaluation and editor decision.